Thursday, February 3, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!

I've been a fan of Candles by Victoria for a little while now.  I found out about CBV from watching sayanythingbrooke on YouTube, and her amazing reviews sucked me in.  I ordered right away.  It was a relatively small order, but I was hooked.  I got four or five of her 4oz mini jelly jar candles, and a few scent shots to melt in my tealight burner.  I was amazed at the complexity of some of the scents.  I described it to a few people as the scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory where Violet Beauregard chewed the meal gum.  I was like, "Wow!  This smells like such and such."  And then right away, "Holy smokes, now I can smell this other thing..."  I was just blown away.  And while my first order consisted of a few scents I ended up not really caring for, they were definitely a great start.  None of them were "Oh my gosh, that's a gross scent."  It was really just because they were too strong a scent for me.

So I decided to create this blog to give me a place other than the forums, where I can go into detail about the scents I've gotten to experience.  What they're supposed to smell like, what they smell like to me, and what I ~can't~ smell in them.  What color they are, if they invoke any feelings,  and if I would recommend or re-order.  I might even come up with a rating system.  I'm not sure yet.

Of course, everyone will have to remember, this are my opinions only.  Everything I review has been purchased with my own money (or is the free scent shot that comes with orders!)  I'm not being paid for my reviews, and they will be honest.  There are some scents I just don't care much for (patchouli, being one) and some people love them.  To each nose his own!

Feel free to leave comments.  I'd be open to suggestions on things I should try, though my wish list is currently too big for even me to comprehend, lol.  But I wouldn't mind adding new things as I go along.

Become addicted with me!
<3 Amber

www.candlesbyvictoria.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Diary of a CBV Addict © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner